Tuesday 10 July 2012

Diary #6

This week i have successfully created my Production Logo!! I decided to name it 'Manzanero Productions' for obvious reasons...

This was a very difficult process, as it was my first every time working with Adobe After Effects. I have discovered that the programme is extremely confusing and complex and shouldnt be used by someone who has not yet mastered Photoshop, purely because it is on another level of difficulty.

To create my logo i needed some guidence, as i had no clue how to even begin. To get some creative ideas, i visited http://www.videocopilot.net/ .
Within this website there are many many videos that provide tutorials on how to create effective videos in terms of After Effects, and a lot of them include how to make a good production logo.

The video I decided to use as my inspiration was the 'Energy Wipe' animation that shows how a cloud of coloured smoke can float onto the screen and reveal some writing, that begins in warp type animation and then changes to a straight form of lettering.

I had to experiment with features within After Effects such as Pre-composition and how to change the positioning within the text.

However, after two hours of messing around with different colours, designs and so on, i feel i created a very good production logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment