Friday 22 June 2012

Codes and conventions of music videos

Codes and Conventions of Music Videos



Looking into the typical codes and conventions of music videos throughout time and in our current day has been hugely beneficial in terms of helping me decide what i would like to base my music video on. It has taught me that there are more than one way to make my music video entertaining. As i could make a music video that is solely performance based, solely narrative or a mixture of the two, either involving the artist within the action or having them separately, working as though their lyrics are an illustration to the story.


This has helped me to create a narrative within my head and helped me to decide that i would like just a narrative based music video. However, has also given me inspiration on how i would use a music artist within my music video without it taking the audiences attention away from the narrative too much.


Another thing this research has given me is an insight on how camera, mise en scene, editing and sound can be used to make my music video even more interesting. This could be done by using dark lighting to forebode that something bad is going to happen, or use quick editing to represent the characters fearful and distressed emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment