Friday 22 June 2012

Diary #2

This week, i have begun my planning for my music video coursework for A2. 


I have started researching things such as' the history of music videos', discovering that the first music video to have ever been shown was on MTV called Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles and was shown at exactly 12.01pm. 
I also looked at the impact music videos have had on the music industry and how they have suddenly become hugely important to the industry. And also how they might often be considered the most important element of an artist's single! I created this presentation on a prezi. 


I have also begun my 'Conventions of a music video' research process, and have been researching how things such as narrative, performance and mixture of the both are used to create an entertaining video. I also began looking at how elements such as editing, mise en scene and camera angles are used to portray characters within music videos in particular lights. This has given me inspiration on how i would like to use these elements when creating my product to create a sad but entertaining music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment