Monday 2 July 2012

Diary #4

Today i pitched my music video idea to my family, i did this so that i could get a range of audiences opinions and feelings about my music video. I also felt it could give me honest criticism, helping me to think about faults that i might not have noticed before hand. 


Overall, the reaction i got was positive. My family liked the idea of the reverse action, and commented on how that could be both surprising and visually pleasing. My sister felt it could grasp the audiences attention well, forcing them to stay locked onto the story, as they would be hugely interested in why the scene is being repeated after such a shocking scene. 


My dad posed the question: "Why did she wake up in a field? Why is she there to begin with?" 


This made me think that this could be a big fault within my music video. The idea that she has woken up in a field, and woken up with ripped clothes could give the wrong impression, portraying her in a very negatively vulnerable position. However, as I know that i mean to portray her as have just woken up after a night out i didn't see how others might not see this. 


Therefore, i began thinking about how i could change this negatively vulnerable portrayal of the girl to the way i want it to be. Therefore, i decided, i would show the girl, before the music has even began, stumble out of a pub and then fall asleep on a bench. I will then begin the music video, showing her wake up on a bench. I feel this will clarify her reasoning for waking up early in public. 

No comments:

Post a Comment