Monday 22 October 2012

Diary #19

Today i have completed my music theory research. I decided to look into the theorist Andrew Goodwin as he has some interesting concepts on how audiences use and perceive music videos. Not only did this further my knowledge on music videos and the industry itself, but it also gave me an insight on what aspects are important to think about when creating my music video, for example the technical elements that audiences look out for and what i should do with them in order to make a successful music video. 

Another thing i did was the structure of my music video, in the form of a timeline. This appeared to be more helpful that i expected. This is because it allowed me to make a clear table of which shots will be used in my video and when. Although this had already been considered in the form of a story board, I created a structure in this way as it made it clear to me what parts of the narrative will be used and how long each of those sequences should be. For example, by creating this, i discovered that my reverse shot editing should be 40 seconds, although the shots add up to at least 1.17 seconds, i must put a speed up effect on them, in order to crunch that down to 40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment