Wednesday 24 October 2012

Magazine Advert - Pencil Draft


This was a paper draft of my magazine front cover that I created. I did this as i feel it is important to get a general idea of what you aim to create before creating it in order for it to look professional. After drawing this, i decided i might actually prefer to have the artists name above the photo and then underneath the name of the album "People Help the People" and the release date "30th June". This is a very simplistic design that will obviously be tweaked when i actually create it using Adobe Photoshop, however, i feel that this covers all the typical conventions as well as keeping in house style with my plan for my digipak. And also providing all the essential information needed to advertise Birdy. I even decided to have ratings from all the newspapers, as i feel this will be an important element for people looking to buy the album or song, purely because they will trust others viewpoints. I decided that i would quite like to have the artist playing some sort of intrument, and the picture will be in a sepia tone, in order to keep in form with my music video visual style. I feel the use of an instrument, like the acustic or piano, will reflect the actual tone and atmosphere of the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment