Tuesday 20 November 2012

Digipak - First Draft




Here is the first draft of my Digipak. After looking at my rough drafts on paper i decided that some of my ideas worked, whereas others did not work as well.

FRONT COVER:

As you can see my front cover is very minimalistic, I am yet to add my finished titling on the front cover, which will say : "Birdy, My DREAM WORLD..." This is because i am creating a very dream like, visually colourful and pretty digipak, therefore want to support that with the name of the album. I have used contrasting and editing of Hue and Saturation on Adobe Photoshop in order to make my image more golden and bright. I have then used a template of a golden picture frame around the picture in order to make it more vintage. I chose to have one photo in the actual picture frame, rather than scattered photos like a collage.. which is what my original idea was. This is because when i was experimenting with the collage on Photoshop, it did not look professional. 

BACK COVER:

This cover is a picture I took on location, it is similar to my drawn draft as it is writing accompanied by the photo of outdoors. The writing is light white, in order to stand out against the photo. I have used the title of the album in bold at the top of the page in order to make it clear to the audience this is what the album is called. The writing is straight down the in a vertical line, as i wanted it be clear that it is the track list. At the bottom of the page is a bar code, in order to make it realistic. I have also included a record label logo, called Manza Records, so that it looks as though it is real. And also, production details at the bottom, trademarking the product - something that is seen on all digipaks.

THANK YOU PAGE:

Lastly I created a thank you page, and used a picture i also took on location. I edited the contrast of the photo, in order to make it more bright again, so that it looks as though it is within this album and fits with the house style. Within the thank you notes I have written nice messages to family members, friends and producers, as i feel this is something a young artist would do, as they would have received a lot of support from other people to achieve what they have. I gave the black text a drop shadow and an outer glow in order to make it readable against the green grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment